TV Cuts Discussion

Bookmark and Share
Detailed discussion on UK and worldwide film cuts.

Moderators: Censorship Team, Forum Team

Re: TV Cuts Discussion

Postby bes » 21 Feb 2011, 18:01

Yes, they always cut the seedy bra strangulation shot these days; not really suitable for a PG to be honest and it always stood out as a shocking moment for that reason. The opening stabbing is usually snipped from Live and Let Die too [I don't think I've ever seen this bit intact on tv], as is the cutting of Bond before he is fed to sharks; dreadful re-used footage is looped in its place in a lame attempt to cover up the cuts. Most Bond films are not worth bothering with on telly now. They were usually uncut years ago, even in afternoon slots.
bes
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby Mark Meakin » 21 Feb 2011, 19:13

The underwater battle in Thunderball was ruined by some heavy handed cuts.I'd forgotten how violent it was till I picked up the dvd.
Mark Meakin
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby m35541 » 22 Feb 2011, 09:55

I definitely recognised the guy who gets killed by the scalpels. He must be a regular stuntman. Probably killed several times by Bond over the years.

Joe Robinson who plays Franks, the guy whom Bond fights in the lift, is also a stuntman and turns up in lots of stuff. I saw him recently as a stongman in a Honr Blackman Avengers episode.

The same channel predictably but Licence to Kill the other week - the same scenes as cut for cinema seemed to be cut only a bit more. Surprisingly, most of the rest of it seemed to be left alone.
m35541
Forum Team
Forum Team

Postby Speed King » 22 Feb 2011, 14:09

The guy in Diamonds Are Forever is Terence Mountain who is also in On Her Majesty's Secret Service. He's one of Draco's guards. Funnily enough if it was the same version of Diamonds that was shown a couple of weeks ago, the pre credits was the only cuts. There seems to be a pre and post watershed version of Bonds now. If you watch the 10 o clock showings theyre uncut but the afternoon ones are not.
Speed King

Postby Luke » 26 Feb 2011, 15:47

Theres a few Bond films I havent seen uncut becuase Ive only viewed them on T.V. The films are now constantly on T.V all the time. They always remind me of Holidays season because as a child Easter and Christmas T.V was filled with Bond films.
"You make sounds like you're a mean little ass-kicker... only I ain't convinced. You keep talking and I'm gonna take your head off" Vince Majestyk
Luke
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby Mark Meakin » 26 Mar 2011, 08:52

TCM screened the '15' classified theatrical cut of Lethal Weapon 4 last night :roll: .This channel has really gone down in my estimation in recent months.Looks like they will be only screening the BBFC approved versions from now on after screening the likes of Pat Garett & Billy The Kid & Hitman uncut for years :( .I assume their version of Eraser is the '18' classified version as it was definitely longer at the end on the train track (The only part I saw)
Mark Meakin
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby Luke » 29 Dec 2011, 18:49

Did anyone catch The Man Who Would Be King on T.V yesterday?. Ive seen the film a few time son T.V and seem to recal a non violent scene that was missing form the ending. Looked up the film on IMDB and carnt find any information on alternative versions.
The sequence I recall is a slow motion shot of Connery falling form the bridge with the use of old blue-screen SFX. This didnt appear in the version shown yesterday, so is my memory playing tricks on me or did such a shot exist in other versions?. Not suprised the film was cut for Theatrical release, Im sure afternoon screening are cut for violence as IVE never watched the DVD version.
"You make sounds like you're a mean little ass-kicker... only I ain't convinced. You keep talking and I'm gonna take your head off" Vince Majestyk
Luke
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby Speed King » 30 Dec 2011, 14:38

Yes Connery does fall off the bridge saying cut you buggers cut! How can they cut this out? I can understand some of the language but this is one of if not the main scene in the film!
Last edited by Speed King on 30 Dec 2011, 14:42, edited 2 times in total.
Speed King

Postby Luke » 30 Dec 2011, 14:41

Oddly the dialogue was still included Speedking, he says this as one man is seen cutting the rope. Thanks for confirming the fall shot for me, odd for them to edit this out. Might have been done for the to fit the film into a certian time slot.
Luke
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby Speed King » 30 Dec 2011, 14:45

Didnt this get a U in the cinema? Surely the scene would have been in it then? Absolutely crazy!
Speed King

Postby Luke » 30 Dec 2011, 15:53

Some scenes of violence may have been cut, involving people being beaten by rocks . Some of the action scenes looked a little choppy yesterday.
Luke
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby HunterBFH » 30 Dec 2011, 18:37

One of my favourite Micheal Caine/Sean Connery film! :D Didn't watch this film yesterday. but seen it three times in the past!....
Works for me!
HunterBFH
Forum Team
Forum Team

Postby Luke » 25 Mar 2013, 19:22

Caught a screening of The Omega Man on TCM this Sunday and they edited it. The shot of man being impaled on a spiked fence was missing. Also the shot of the black actress laying on the bed was edited out. They also removed the shot where Charlton Heston steps on a corpse's arm. This is the first film I watched on T.V for months. The film looked great visualy but they ruined the screening with cuts.
Luke
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby Mercury » 25 Mar 2013, 20:48

What time did it go out, Luke?
Mercury
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby Luke » 25 Mar 2013, 21:05

Evening time round four in the afternoon which is most likely the reason for the cuts. The sequence where Heston gets hit with the spear was left intact.
Luke
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

PreviousNext

Return to Censorship Forum