Lethal Ninja(1993) Pre-Cut?

Bookmark and Share
Detailed discussion on UK and worldwide film cuts.

Moderators: Censorship Team, Forum Team

Lethal Ninja(1993) Pre-Cut?

Postby Luke » 13 Feb 2017, 19:15

Recently obtained the HOLLYWOOD DVD release of the Nu Image actioner Lethal Ninja(1993). According to the BBFC site, all known submission were passed without cuts. After watching the film, I spotted a sequence where a ninja weilds two nunchaku. Now this must have been pre-cut surely?, looking at the BBFC site the run times for the VHS/DVD do not vary.

Can anyone confirm if the VHS was cut?, I've only seen this on DVD.
"You make sounds like you're a mean little ass-kicker... only I ain't convinced. You keep talking and I'm gonna take your head off" Vince Majestyk
Luke
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Re: Lethal Ninja(1993) Pre-Cut?

Postby rosetta1 » 14 Feb 2017, 15:25

Never seen this one Luke.
rosetta1

Re: Lethal Ninja(1993) Pre-Cut?

Postby Luke » 15 Feb 2017, 21:42

rosetta1 wrote:Never seen this one Luke.

You are not mising much Mark, but the Hollywood DVD is UNCUT. There was no throwing star useage in this movie. It's not all that violent really, and the fights are poorly staged. It's another Nu Image movie, filmed in South Africa. Apart from the doube nunchaku scene, the BBFC may have trimmed a few neck breaks. One of the characters brandishes a crossbow, but the BBFC were more lenient on this weapon by 92.
"You make sounds like you're a mean little ass-kicker... only I ain't convinced. You keep talking and I'm gonna take your head off" Vince Majestyk
Luke
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Return to Censorship Forum