Ghoulies 2: U.K & U.S Blu-Ray Censored PG-13 Print

Bookmark and Share
Detailed discussion on UK and worldwide film cuts.

Moderators: Censorship Team, Forum Team

Ghoulies 2: U.K & U.S Blu-Ray Censored PG-13 Print

Postby Luke » 10 Apr 2016, 15:39

It appears that 101 films U.K Blu-Ray release of 80's cult horror Ghoulies 2 will be the censored PG-13 cut. The exact same print that was released by MGM in the U.K on DVD. According to Movie-Censorship.com the U.S Blu-Ray release uses the same censored print. The U.S BR release contains the MPAA censored footage in the form of deleted scenes.
"You make sounds like you're a mean little ass-kicker... only I ain't convinced. You keep talking and I'm gonna take your head off" Vince Majestyk
Luke
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Re: Ghoulies 2: U.K & U.S Blu-Ray Censored PG-13 Print

Postby bes » 11 Apr 2016, 12:36

That really sucks. Why can't they just release it uncut if the elements are available? Makes no sense. Presumably MGM are playing silly buggers?
bes
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Re: Ghoulies 2: U.K & U.S Blu-Ray Censored PG-13 Print

Postby Luke » 11 Apr 2016, 18:46

bes wrote:That really sucks. Why can't they just release it uncut if the elements are available? Makes no sense. Presumably MGM are playing silly buggers?

I think there is some red tape that has stopped 101 films and the U.S label from releasing the R-Rated cut Bes. Sadly releasing films on DVD and BR is not as straight forward as it often appears.
"You make sounds like you're a mean little ass-kicker... only I ain't convinced. You keep talking and I'm gonna take your head off" Vince Majestyk
Luke
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Return to Censorship Forum