Domino Killings and Diamond Mercenaries - A cutting

Bookmark and Share
Detailed discussion on UK and worldwide film cuts.

Moderators: Censorship Team, Forum Team

Domino Killings and Diamond Mercenaries - A cutting

Postby m35541 » 02 Apr 2013, 14:44

Addendum pages in the MFB confirm that both of these films were cut and released with an 'A' rating (possibly never released with an 'AA'.

Domino Killings - cut by 582ft (6m28s)

Diamond Mercenaries - cut by 177ft (2m)

Not clear whether these reductions are all censor cuts although with Diamond Mercenaries I suspect so.

Another film cut for a lower certificate was the Claudia Jennings film Gator Bait (aka Swamp Bait) which was certified 'X' and then cut by 368ft (4m5s) for an 'AA'.
m35541
Forum Team
Forum Team

Re: Domino Killings and Diamond Mercenaries - A cutting

Postby Mark Meakin » 02 Apr 2013, 14:57

m35541 wrote:Addendum pages in the MFB confirm that both of these films were cut and released with an 'A' rating (possibly never released with an 'AA'.

Domino Killings - cut by 582ft (6m28s)

Diamond Mercenaries - cut by 177ft (2m)

Not clear whether these reductions are all censor cuts although with Diamond Mercenaries I suspect so.

Another film cut for a lower certificate was the Claudia Jennings film Gator Bait (aka Swamp Bait) which was certified 'X' and then cut by 368ft (4m5s) for an 'AA'.

I'm baffled by those extensive cuts for Swamp Bait as there's not that much to cut.The CIC video was 3 minutes longer than the old precert solely due to a lengthy speedboat chase missing from the earlier release.
Mark Meakin
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby m35541 » 02 Apr 2013, 15:05

I'm baffled by those extensive cuts for Swamp Bait as there's not that much to cut.The CIC video was 3 minutes longer than the old precert solely due to a lengthy speedboat chase missing from the earlier release.

Possibly it includes the removal of the speed boat chase. The MFB doesn't state whether the reduction of the running time is all censorship or not. merely that it was now an 'AA' and 368ft had been cut.

Ps - Swamp Thing is another film entirely.
m35541
Forum Team
Forum Team

Postby Mark Meakin » 03 Apr 2013, 08:39

m35541 wrote:

Possibly it includes the removal of the speed boat chase. The MFB doesn't state whether the reduction of the running time is all censorship or not. merely that it was now an 'AA' and 368ft had been cut.

Ps - Swamp Thing is another film entirely.

Amended, must have had something else on my mind ! :oops:
Mark Meakin
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Return to Censorship Forum