Steven Segal films

Bookmark and Share
Detailed discussion on UK and worldwide film cuts.

Moderators: Censorship Team, Forum Team

Steven Segal films

Postby m35541 » 17 Sep 2010, 11:04

Are they all still cut in this country on DVD?

On Deadly Ground
Out for Justice
Under Siege
Under Siege 2
The Glimmer Man
Nico (Above the Law)
Hard to Kill

BBFC website would indicate yes.
m35541
Forum Team
Forum Team

Re: Steven Segal films

Postby Mark Meakin » 17 Sep 2010, 13:53

m35541 wrote:Are they all still cut in this country on DVD?

On Deadly Ground
Out for Justice
Under Siege
Under Siege 2
The Glimmer Man
Nico (Above the Law)
Hard to Kill

BBFC website would indicate yes.

On Deadly Ground (Unknown but out as an HMV exclusive)First withdrawn dvd was the cut '15' release
Out For Justice (Uncut on dvd restoring the BBFC video cuts)
Under Siege (CUT)
Under Siege 2 (HEAVILY CUT)
The Glimmer Man (CUT)
Marked For Death (CUT)
Nico (CUT)
Hard To Kill (Unknown but out as an HMV exclusive) The film was resubmitted & passed uncut but never released on dvd,so the HMV disc should be uncut.
Executive Decision (CUT) The only full uncut version is the r1 release as all the other versions I've seen (UK,Australian,Dutch & Japanese) are missing footage with more explicit references to Islam (Suchet praying on a mat & a bomber during the London sequence holding a Koran)
capture.JPG

capture.JPG

capture.JPG

capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mark Meakin
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby Mark Meakin » 17 Sep 2010, 14:09

It's unbelievable Warner has not released an uncut boxset of his earlier films. :o .
Mark Meakin
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby m35541 » 17 Sep 2010, 14:26

Thanks guys - I notice a lot of his later movies are available very cheap on box sets. The last decent one of his I saw was Exit Wounds.

Would you recommend I get his later bx sets. Which are his best/worst of these? (all of them?)
m35541
Forum Team
Forum Team

Postby Mark Meakin » 17 Sep 2010, 17:29

m35541 wrote:Thanks guys - I notice a lot of his later movies are available very cheap on box sets. The last decent one of his I saw was Exit Wounds.

Would you recommend I get his later bx sets. Which are his best/worst of these? (all of them?)

Personally I like all the above with Out For Justice,Nico & Marked For Death being particular favourites.There was a seller on Ebay selling the uncut Japanese versions of most of the above for about £3.99 each but I can't find him now.The UK versions of Under Siege 2 & On Deadly Ground (If confirmed cut on the HMV release) are a waste of time.I have most on the R2/R4 encoded discs from Australia which I picked up cheaply.Marked for Death is cut here & in Oz so I have the Benelux release.
BEWARE.....
These versions of Under Siege are cut too.
German FSK 16 & the Spanish dvd release which is cut the same.
This version of Under Siege 2 is cut.
German FSK 16
Fire Down Below also starring Harry Dean Stanton is quite decent being one of Seagal's most overlooked films.It's one of the few Warner titles available uncut here from the start on home video.The Patriot is also mediocre & received it's UK premiere on Sky prior to its dvd release so that says it all really.After Exit Wounds most of his stuff is pretty awful IMHO & I would avoid it like the plague if I was you Tim.Hopefully Machete will mark a return to form of some sort.
Mark Meakin
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby m35541 » 17 Sep 2010, 18:08

Thanks - I may go on a segal fest. Can get a box set of US versions of Under Siege, Glimmer Man, Above the Law and Fire Down Below for £8 off amazon. Uk doule-bill of Exit Wounds and Out for Justice for £2.
m35541
Forum Team
Forum Team

Postby Mark Meakin » 17 Sep 2010, 19:12

m35541 wrote:Thanks - I may go on a segal fest. Can get a box set of US versions of Under Siege, Glimmer Man, Above the Law and Fire Down Below for £8 off amazon. Uk doule-bill of Exit Wounds and Out for Justice for £2.

Can't go wrong there.I'll be interested to hear what you think of them.Marked For Death from Fox Home Entertainment has one of the best villains in the form of Screwface if you can find that cheap.I've seen an uncut German disc on Ebay at around a £1.00 (+P & P) with no bids so far.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Marked-Death-Zum- ... 3360f2a529
Mark Meakin
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby Luke » 18 Sep 2010, 12:51

Still so many of his films edited in the U.K, shame on WB for not releasing a US, SE or Uncut boxset.
"You make sounds like you're a mean little ass-kicker... only I ain't convinced. You keep talking and I'm gonna take your head off" Vince Majestyk
Luke
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby alexl » 23 Sep 2010, 12:53

On the plus side under seige turns up uncut on TV a lot of time; was last time it was on (Ch4?); not the same as owning an uncut DVD though - would obviously sail through uncut today.
alexl

Postby Luke » 24 Sep 2010, 16:42

Yes the cuts were stupid, I cuaght it Uncut on T.V and felt the clips they rmeoved were silly. Most of the violence was literally blink and youl miss it stuff.
"You make sounds like you're a mean little ass-kicker... only I ain't convinced. You keep talking and I'm gonna take your head off" Vince Majestyk
Luke
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby m35541 » 27 Sep 2010, 12:52

Have now seen warner bare bones release of Under Siege 2. Most of the BBFC cuts were ridiculous for an 18 - many shots not imitative at all. Film definitely seemed a little more violent than what i remembered, mainly bullet impact shots which were supposedly not cut although I noticed some extra hand breaks - crunch. not a bad film but defintiely inferior to Under siege 1.
m35541
Forum Team
Forum Team

Postby Luke » 27 Sep 2010, 15:21

I didnt mind Under Siege too but it did lack the feel of the first, top acotrs Garey Busey and Tommy Lee Jones pulled raised the standard a bit. The only gripe I have with US 2 is that cheesy shot of Seagal running down the trian as it explodes behind him.
Luke
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby Mark Meakin » 28 Sep 2010, 08:15

m35541 wrote:Have now seen warner bare bones release of Under Siege 2. Most of the BBFC cuts were ridiculous for an 18 - many shots not imitative at all. Film definitely seemed a little more violent than what i remembered, mainly bullet impact shots which were supposedly not cut although I noticed some extra hand breaks - crunch. not a bad film but defintiely inferior to Under siege 1.

The construction of the incendary device on the train & shots of the ingredients was the only problem I would've thought in terms of imitation.The severing of the villain's fingers at the climax was a daft cut in an '18' film for sure.
Mark Meakin
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby HunterBFH » 07 Nov 2010, 11:21

I see there's another new Steven Seagal's DTV film - Born To Raise Hell. Wonder this is any good? Am not going to buy the UK release as yet again there is NO subtitles provided on this DVD! Bah! :evil: I will have to obtain the US R1 DVd instead as this should have it on there anyway!

FYI this DVD is a Optimum Releasing release. Anyone who would like to purchase this from Amazon UK please click the window shown below to access there.

Works for me!
HunterBFH
Forum Team
Forum Team

Postby Luke » 07 Nov 2010, 15:12

Looks likes another B-Movie to me and judging by the trialer quite brutal. Seagal doenst seem to consider his choice of films anymore and just appears in anything these days.
Luke
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Return to Censorship Forum