On Deadly Ground (1994) HMV Exclusive

Bookmark and Share
Detailed discussion on UK and worldwide film cuts.

Moderators: Censorship Team, Forum Team

On Deadly Ground (1994) HMV Exclusive

Postby Mark Meakin » 07 Aug 2010, 17:25

Just noticed HMV has the underrated Seagal actioner as an exclusive.A '15' classification but if it's been resubmitted it could probably get away with the same classification as the previous censored versions now.Anyone know know for sure if it is uncut ?.
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDet ... sku=811099
Mark Meakin
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Re: On Deadly Ground (1994) HMV Exclusive

Postby HunterBFH » 07 Aug 2010, 19:59

Its not the only one..Hard To Kill not released elsewhere in UK is also a HMV exclusive and was re-released last March!
Works for me!
HunterBFH
Forum Team
Forum Team

Postby Mark Meakin » 08 Aug 2010, 09:56

On Deadly Ground was out briefly years back in it's cut '15' version,but withdrawn due to the snapper box being printed with an incorrect '12' classification.Hopefully Warner has not offloaded these old discs on HMV as they were correctly stamped with a '15' classification & the re-issue is still cut.
Mark Meakin
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby Luke » 08 Aug 2010, 13:32

The HMV exlcusive of Hard To Kill has nice looking cover art, shame there isnt mor eon the disc itself. I also noticed ODG but assumed it was a re-issue of the same cut print, be nice to know if its Uncut or not.
"You make sounds like you're a mean little ass-kicker... only I ain't convinced. You keep talking and I'm gonna take your head off" Vince Majestyk
Luke
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby HunterBFH » 08 Aug 2010, 13:55

I have the R1 of Hard To Kill with the same cover as UK R2. I also have the video of the same film (in a BBFC cut version) and do like the other picture cover! :D
Works for me!
HunterBFH
Forum Team
Forum Team

Postby Luke » 09 Aug 2010, 16:24

I owned the WB Screen Classics release of Hard To Kill, they had just released that label when i got into buying films. Some of the same titles appeared in The Big Picture label too like Nico, I guess big companies saw DVD coming and thought theyed flog some films cheap. 20th Century Fox did their own version called Selections and I owned a few of those titles too. When i first started to buy films VHS had already gone througth its Golden period.
"You make sounds like you're a mean little ass-kicker... only I ain't convinced. You keep talking and I'm gonna take your head off" Vince Majestyk
Luke
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Return to Censorship Forum