I Spit On Your Grave (2010 Remake)

Bookmark and Share
Detailed discussion on UK and worldwide film cuts.

Moderators: Censorship Team, Forum Team

I Spit on Your Grave remake. Oh no!

Postby Jim » 26 May 2010, 17:27

The first was crap but we all probably watched it to see what it was all about? Now the remake :roll:
Its having problems with The MPAA. My goodness what a big surprise! I suppose that is what you get when you try to make an "entertaining" film about senseless/animalistic sexual violence. As long as it is better scriptwise than that piece of mega evil crap Scrapbook I might view, but probably not. That said "Last House on Left" remake was excellent.

http://www.melonfarmers.co.uk/inus.htm# ... venge_3550
Jim

Re: I Spit on Your Grave remake. Oh no!

Postby Mercury » 26 May 2010, 18:35

Yes I agree Jim, the original was absolutely dire, surely the remake couldn't be worse if they tried. Actually I'm looking forward to it, like The Last House remake, it might even be a good film. I am also of course just curious to see how they will handle the rape scenes. I'm not anticipating any problems with the BBFC, unless the rape scenes are treated in a very exploitative way like the first one, which I doubt. Yes this is going to be interesting.
Mercury
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Re: I Spit On Your Grave (2010 Remake)

Postby Jim » 27 May 2010, 16:05

The first has some terrible acting/atrocious scenes and the idea of seeing violent violation for titillation purposes sits uncomfortably with me. I learnt my lesson watching the original(VHS) which was also incredibly boring and double B rate.

Interestingly in a similar vein I read a while back(must have been MelonFarmer's) that the BBFC recently banned an American film which dealt with homosexual gang rape a sort of opposite to the above with the victim being male of course. Not my cup of tea!

I'd imagine this remake then to suffer some sort of barrage by The Daily Mail to pressurise the BBFC even more to cut it or think twice about classification, if it is as bad as they say it is going to be? My guess no worse than LHOTL remake as press releases make a meal of things. Remember all that garbage about Hills Have Eyes remake and how it had to be cut to make the R.
Jim

Postby Luke » 27 May 2010, 18:03

Yes the first film was really poor and just kept my finge ron fast froward thruogth most of it. They certinaly carnt make it any worse as Mercury says but I doubt it gonna be a classic horror either.
"You make sounds like you're a mean little ass-kicker... only I ain't convinced. You keep talking and I'm gonna take your head off" Vince Majestyk
Luke
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby ClarenceJBoddicker » 10 Jun 2010, 00:27

Finally got an R. The cited reason is "for pervasive strong sadistic brutal violence, rape and torture, nudity and language." Sounds like one of the hardest R ratings ever, maybe the hardest.
ClarenceJBoddicker

Postby Jim » 11 Jun 2010, 09:46

Were there any cuts you know of Clarence to make the "R"?
Jim

Postby Mark Meakin » 11 Jun 2010, 10:06

Jim wrote:Were there any cuts you know of Clarence to make the "R"?

I gather an 'unrated' cut is scheduled for dvd release so it sounds likely.
Mark Meakin
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby ClarenceJBoddicker » 11 Jun 2010, 18:10

Jim wrote:Were there any cuts you know of Clarence to make the "R"?

Allegedly over a hundred cuts were made.
ClarenceJBoddicker

Postby Mercury » 11 Jun 2010, 18:33

The unrated version must be incredibly brutal.
Mercury
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby Jim » 11 Jun 2010, 19:15

That is some cutting! Unrated must surely follow. Net rumours have it that said film will be also shown unrated in some selected film outlets for horror fans alongside regular theatrical. Cuts are probably to sexual content as MPAA are quite liberal on violence these days!
Jim

Postby Luke » 15 Jun 2010, 12:14

if its been edited so much then there must be a real difference between the two versions. Hollywood really going for the re-makes of old grindhouse horror nasties in ten years time theyl be re-making the remakes.
"You make sounds like you're a mean little ass-kicker... only I ain't convinced. You keep talking and I'm gonna take your head off" Vince Majestyk
Luke
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby Mercury » 18 Jun 2010, 11:24

Sounds like the director must already be sick of the MPAA having to go seven rounds. Unrated it must be very extreme if the 100 cuts are true.

At the moment I don't what the date of the UK release will be or exactly when it will be submitted to the BBFC. The remake might be every bit as brutal as the original but I would expect much less in the way of nudity. If not then it could be problematic here as well.
Mercury
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby ClarenceJBoddicker » 18 Jun 2010, 15:48

I've seen this kind of talk before from filmmakers who then ended up bowing to studio pressure and releasing an R film anyway. Wonder if that will be the case with this.
ClarenceJBoddicker

Postby Mercury » 18 Jun 2010, 17:32

Yes it's unusual for a mainstream film to go out unrated there, so who knows. Still Just as long as they remember to send us the unrated version.

I'm looking forward to the opening reviews.
Mercury
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby Mercury » 03 Jul 2010, 14:36

The unrated version is being shown next month in London at the film four frightfest. But perhaps even more interestingly is that they will also be showing...A Serbian Movie :shock:
Mercury
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Next

Return to Censorship Forum