Savage Streets (1984)

Bookmark and Share
Detailed discussion on UK and worldwide film cuts.

Moderators: Censorship Team, Forum Team

Re: Savage Streets DVD

Postby Mercury » 22 Sep 2008, 17:48

So it was definitely cut for the R rating then. The rape scene was never really that graphic or explicit even in the uncut version. Certainly nothing compared to Death Wish 2 anyway.
Mercury
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby Dr Phibes » 14 Oct 2008, 18:13

Watched the new Savage Streets from BCI today. I formerly had this on a dvd-r taken from the Dutch tape, so it was nice to view it in this rather good special edition. Always liked this one, a real exploitation classic with all the essential elements of sleaze, violence and a threadbare plot :lol:
Dr Phibes

Postby Mark Meakin » 14 Oct 2008, 19:26

Dr Phibes wrote:Watched the new Savage Streets from BCI today. I formerly had this on a dvd-r taken from the Dutch tape, so it was nice to view it in this rather good special edition. Always liked this one, a real exploitation classic with all the essential elements of sleaze, violence and a threadbare plot :lol:

This is on my christmas list.I had the Dutch tape which was not great qualitywise & the even crapper bootleg dvd :shock:
Mark Meakin
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby Dr Phibes » 15 Oct 2008, 18:30

Mark Meakin wrote:
Dr Phibes wrote:Watched the new Savage Streets from BCI today. I formerly had this on a dvd-r taken from the Dutch tape, so it was nice to view it in this rather good special edition. Always liked this one, a real exploitation classic with all the essential elements of sleaze, violence and a threadbare plot :lol:

This is on my christmas list.I had the Dutch tape which was not great qualitywise & the even crapper bootleg dvd :shock:

You won't be disappointed mate :D I haven't watched the extras disc yet.

I have Blue Eyes of Broken Doll and Nail Gun Massacre on my Christmas list . Also the Complete box set of the Jeremy Brett Sherlock Holmes series. At the price it's going for though, I may be being a tad optimistic :roll:
Dr Phibes

Postby Mercury » 15 Oct 2008, 18:37

Nail Gun is one of the best comedies ever made, Doc.
Mercury
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby Dr Phibes » 15 Oct 2008, 19:49

Mercury wrote:Nail Gun is one of the best comedies ever made, Doc.

I concur Merc :lol: It's so bad it's good, if you know wht I mean. Same reason that I bought The Ghastly Ones (Blood Rites). It's still banned in the UK, unbelievably.
Dr Phibes

Re: Savage Streets (1984)

Postby Mercury » 25 Mar 2011, 17:04

I would expect very minimal cuts now.
Mercury
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby bes » 25 Mar 2011, 17:09

Arrow will doubtless ensure it scrapes through uncut! :wink:
bes
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby Mercury » 25 Mar 2011, 18:46

Yes you're right, Vince, it wasn't very graphic.

Yeah in the end it might just pass uncut. There's very little nudity, the scene keeps cutting away to what Linda Blair is doing elsewhere, it also seems to spend as much time on the attackers arguing amongst each other then on the actual rape itself (the 1st which lasts no more than 5 seconds). Even at the end when she is kicked it is just implied, no graphic detail. The entire sequence lasts under 3 minutes. A lot of the cuts were also made to remove a lot of the gym scene where she is terrorised/humiliated. But all this should pass now. Plus the heavy cuts previously imposed on the scenes at the end showing Blair using the crossbow will be waived.

And in any case as Bes as mentioned this is an Arrow release which means the BBFC will have to pass it uncut :wink:
Seriously, Arrow's record recently at the BBFC is 10 out of 10. Even the cuts to Bare Behind Bars were not compulsory.

Another appallingly bad film by the way.
Mercury
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby Mercury » 28 Mar 2011, 06:51

If Savage streets is passed uncut I would expect the BBFC to put "uncut version" rather than previous cuts waived.

I think Arrow are doing well with these releases, even though I may not be a fan of many of the titles eg Caligula, Island of Death etc they do at least seem interested in re-submitting previously cut films, which is a good thing. The more the BBFC pass their titles uncut the more it will encourage them to consider even hotter titles like the aformentioned House on the Edge of the Park or maybe go even further with Love Camp 7. Although as yet Arrow are not submitting films that have had no previous submission so Bloodsucking Freaks, Sinful Dwarf etc seem to be out of the question, which is a shame.
Mercury
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby bes » 28 Mar 2011, 12:00

The Beast in Heat has no chance of passing. Probably 3 minutes worth at least would need to be trimmed.
bes
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby bes » 28 Mar 2011, 12:02

Mercury wrote: Although as yet Arrow are not submitting films that have had no previous submission so Bloodsucking Freaks, Sinful Dwarf etc seem to be out of the question, which is a shame.

I doubt those 2 would get through either; the latter would certainly require trims from a rape scene featuring sexualised nudity.
bes
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby Mercury » 28 Mar 2011, 14:07

I thought the cuts to Drive In were surprising as well as completely pointless. It was certainly no New York Ripper.
Mercury
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby Mercury » 28 Mar 2011, 14:11

bes wrote:
Mercury wrote: Although as yet Arrow are not submitting films that have had no previous submission so Bloodsucking Freaks, Sinful Dwarf etc seem to be out of the question, which is a shame.

I doubt those 2 would get through either; the latter would certainly require trims from a rape scene featuring sexualised nudity.

Yes Sinful Dwarf would require some heavy trimming.
Mercury
Censorship Team
Censorship Team

Postby HunterBFH » 23 Jun 2011, 19:28

I see the above title finally have been passed all uncut by BBFC and is now released by Arrow for retail sale.

Get your copy of this from Amazon UK today by clicking though our affiliate window box link shown below. :)

..and more good news...its in 93m long! :P

I might plan to get this even if it hasn't got the subtitles at all...
Works for me!
HunterBFH
Forum Team
Forum Team

Previous

Return to Censorship Forum